Wednesday 15 July 2009

A bit of an introduction.....

A brief summary so far.....

As a child I wanted to be an Astronaut or a footballer. I even had aspirations of becoming a comic book artist or any other type of artist or a writer....But I knew I was destined to do something cool or creative or exciting or something that would make me massive amounts of riches. As such I went through my teens thinking I was too good for school and college and felt that I was better than the teachers. Which obviously they hated and thus hated me!

I then went on to University where I didn't really think about what I wanted to do career wise. I just assumed everything would work out for the best and even though I knew by this time I wasn't going to be a footballer or an astronaut.....I was certain I would still land on my feet and everything would go swimmingly.

As it turns out I am now 26 and I have had serious relationships, I have bought a house with a girl, split up with said girl and sold the house. I have worked in both Sales and Marketing (both of which I did not enjoy), I have travelled the world, I have amassed debts, I have an acute awareness that I am getting older and have no clue what I want to do with my life, I do not have a significant other in my life at present and have actively avoided this for possibly the last 6 months....But I do have great friends and am generally happy and funny and am not bad looking. So I do have some things going for me. I am just slightly lost.

So this blog essentially is to speak to the people who are exactly the same as me. The people who woke up in their early-mid 20's and thought "hang on, I never wanted this"..."I didn't want a rubbish job, with rubbish pay and a house with a girlfriend, who I didn’t love anymore!"......

This is for the uprising who say "NO" I actually want a bit more and then the ones who act on this and reach for more....

Because this my friends is what I did. Yes, I am still trying to find my way and Yes I am still a little lost but I am out there and trying to make a difference and change things. In the last year I have been travelling, I have met great people along the way. I met a great girl in America who came back to stay with me and then went back to America. I have returned to the UK, I have moved to Bristol......Where I party a lot, I enjoy myself, I do what the hell I want and I do it in style. Unfortunately I am still in a job I don't particularly like - but I know it's not permanent as I am trying to plan how to change my life and how to eventually grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment