Monday 20 July 2009

From the Mundane to the Random to the Future

I like the randomness of life and I like everything to always be exciting. Life annoys me when it becomes mundane and I always try to stop it from being mundane. But there are times when it simply has to be mundane due to a lack of money or you need to really have a think about your future. So you need to make it mundane so that you can have some time to think.

Life is good and I really have nothing to complain about compared to the majority of people in the world. There are wars raging, disease spreading and people starving or being inhumanely treated all over the world.

And I live in a cool city, have a job that pays the bills, good friends, food in my fridge and yet I still moan. I suppose this is a human trait. But it does annoy me....I suppose it's selfish, but I just always kind of want more out of life and it annoys me how I have to wait for it...I am quite impatient.

I have applied to do a masters degree. I don't know yet how i am going to fund it. But I want to change things for my future so I am going to do it.

My friend that I live with in Bristol will be moving to London soon to embark on his dream job that he has wanted since he was a child. I think this is amazing but I am slightly envious, well very envious...I have never known what I wanted to do in life and have always floated and I never really tried hard trhoughout school, college and university. I just assumed that I would always end up doing what I wanted....I had a blind confidence (or maybe arrogance) when i was a kid. So I think this has spurred me on to go and do the Masters and actually work for something for once and I am really excited about it.

Last weekend I went to London with some friends and watched Oasis at Wembley Stadium. They were amazing and have inspired me to buy a guitar and try and learn their songs!
We also met 2 american girls who were in college and were travelling for the summer. They were really cool and they hung out with us for most of saturday as we drank and showed them some of the debauchary in soho and camden. It was fun and they were really cool. Weird how you people come in to your life and then vanish without a trace.

No comments:

Post a Comment