Wednesday 15 July 2009

Glastonbury & beyond

I’m sure I’ll learn the best way to write these soon. But for now I am literally just going to tell you what I did a couple of weeks ago around the time of the Glastonbury festival.

Ok here's what I did.
I had the week off work. I went to Glastonbury festival last and it was brilliant. It was 5 days of heavy drinking and doing other things! and watching bands in fields and living in a tent and hardly sleeping and dancing and laughing and meeting people and talking rubbish and watching the sun set and rise and lighting lanterns and watching them sail into the sky and thinking "this is what life should be like everyday"...and then also thinking “I’d probably be dead in a month if this is what life was like everyday”!

When I got back to Bristol I slept for a very long time and the next day I went back up north to see my family for a day which was nice and my mum fed me up because I don't think I actually ate at Glastonbury....Well maybe the odd dodgy burger.

The next day I went and met up with loads of friends and we went to Alton Towers Theme Park and went on all the rides. Weirdly I used to be scared of rides when I was younger but now I absolutely love them. They don't bother me one bit and the scarier the better.
I think a trip to Disney Land with my ex-girlfriend sorted out my fear for rides as I had to pretend to be a real man and hide how scared I was! But I loved the rides by the end of that holiday.....So I do have to thank her for that....If little else!

Then I stayed at a friends (resols) that night and went and sat on a canal and had some beers in the late day sunshine.... and then it was friday and we headed back to bristol.....followed in turn by resol who has bought a motorbike (a 125cc wildhog) and he drove down on that. when he got here we went out on the friday and we met 2 australian girls on a night out. They had been in bristol for a day and were going to st.pauls carnival which was on the following day. In the spirit of travelling and knowing what it is like I said I would meet them and they could hang out with all of our friends at the carnival and we would give them a proper cool day in bristol. The carnival was amazing it is a carribean festival....So there was a big parade and Carribean music...The streets of bristol were jammed full of people dancing and there was amazing food and lots of rum to be consumed. So I ate jerk chicken, drank rum and danced for most of the day...then we all headed out for the night. It was a brilliant night. But I was phenomenally drunk!....It was a long day in the sun drinking a lot - so I have that excuse.

I need to cut down on booze and cigarettes as I am running the Bristol half marathon on September the 6th. So I’ll keep you updated with how that goes.....Although this weekend I’m off to London! There is always an excuse!!

No comments:

Post a Comment